Terephthalic Acid Filters
Mott, a trusted name in filtration, has been at the forefront of purifying both crude terephthalic acid (CTA) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA) for decades, employing cutting-edge HyPulse® LSI and LSM technologies. Mott’s liquid filters, equipped with advanced terephthalic acid filters, can be easily tailored to accommodate multiple wash and purge steps crucial in the CTA and PTA processes, ensuring impeccable product quality. These innovative terephthalic acid filters from Mott not only reduce caustic acid consumption within the CRU but also minimize organic loads in wastewater treatment, while recovering up to 2 wt.% solids from CTA or PTA applications.
In scenarios where corrosion control is paramount, the Mott LSI serves as an intermediate filter, efficiently removing precipitated corrosion metals before downstream processing. The remarkable return on investment (ROI) for a Mott LSI in a CTA or PTA application averages just two years, making it a sound choice for those seeking enhanced efficiency and cost savings with top-notch terephthalic acid filters.
Questions? Call 860.747.6333 Today!
Literature & Data Sheets
- CTA Mother Liquor Recovery
- CRU Corrosion Metal Removal
- CTA Residue Stream Catalyst Recovery
- PTA Mother Liquor Recovery
- PTA Makeup Catalyst Recovery
A comprehensive overview of Mott's offerings for process filtration applications.
Process Filtration Design Process for Terephthalic Acid Filters. This approach includes filter feasibility testing, pilot testing, engineering design, filter system fabrication, and operational support.
Porous metal media is made to last a lifetime. This cleaning guide provides proper care and cleaning instructions to ensure longevity and reliability.
Filter feasibility testing and application analysis for liquid and gas filtration processes.
Standard Diameters – 4” to 72” diameter vessels are standard to accommodate a wide range of flow rates.
Custom vessels are available upon request, consult factory
Various media grade elements are available to capture solids at greater than 99% removal efficiency, depending on the particle size distribution of the solids
Standard filter element alloys – 316L SS, 310 SS, Hastelloy C-276, Hastelloy X, Monel 400, Nickel 200, Inconel 600
Standard vessel alloys – 316L SS, Hastelloy
Other alloys are available, consult factory
Alloys with temperature resistance up to 1700 degrees Fahrenheit are available.
Custom alloys available to accommodate unique operating temperatures, consult factory
Mott Terephthalic Acid Filters are designed for clean-in-place performance, meaning filter elements can discharge cake build-up without having to open the filter for maintenance. Once a terminal pressure drop has been reached, the cleaning cycle automatically initiates to discharge cake build-up through gas-assisted pulse or through a backwash cycle.
Particles will embed in the filter media over time, requiring the elements to be cleaned by a third-party company. Various cleaning techniques can be used to prolong life of the elements. For a recommendation of a cleaning company, please contact a Mott representative. It is recommended you keep a spare set of filter elements to continue operations while elements are being cleaned.
Videos & Articles
The Mott Filter Design Process
- Filter Feasibility Testing – In our Customer Innovation Center, we will replicate, or very closely correlate, your process conditions to determine the appropriate media grade and material for your application, including terephthalic acid filters. We will provide you with a comprehensive, in-depth analysis to prove the feasibility of using porous metal, including terephthalic acid filters, in your process and furnish you with a comprehensive ROI justification.
- Pilot Testing – As an option, we can install a pilot unit with terephthalic acid filters in your facility enabling you to witness, first-hand, how our filters will perform in your process stream and under your actual operating temperatures and pressure conditions.
- Front-End Engineering Design – Our Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) process provides you with a complete process engineering package, including vessel drawings, a preliminary equipment layout drawing, piping and instrumentation diagram, process flow diagram, valve and instrument list, and a detailed process functional description, all designed to incorporate terephthalic acid filters.
- Fabrication – When it comes to fabricating your system with terephthalic acid filters, we can handle as much or as little as you need – from fabricating only the filter vessel, to providing a complete turnkey skid system.
- Operational Support – When your filtration system with terephthalic acid filters is complete, our professionals can provide equipment commissioning and startup services, training, ongoing technical support, and quality assurance testing for the life of your system.
Depending on your needs, Mott can provide just the filter elements, a vessel and elements with terephthalic acid filters, or provide you a full turnkey system with the vessel, frame, piping, instruments, and controls.
Filter Feasibility Testing – Want a recommendation on the correct filter media, alloy, and backwash frequency for your process, including terephthalic acid filters? Coordinate with a Mott representative to send a sample of your feed stock to our lab to determine the correct filtration design for your process.
Preventative Maintenance Cycles – Consult with a Mott representative about utilizing a pre-determined lab testing and cleaning schedule, including maintenance for terephthalic acid filters, to avoid costly downtime.
Engineering Support – Utilize our expert project engineers to design the right filter elements with terephthalic acid filters to maximize flow and particle capture.
Destructive Element Analysis – Send us one of your elements with terephthalic acid filters for various analyses to determine the remaining lifetime and filtration efficiency of your filters.
Understanding Terephthalic Acid Filters
Terephthalic acid filters, an integral component of Mott’s filtration solutions, play a crucial role in the production of high-quality terephthalic acid products. These advanced filters are designed to efficiently separate impurities and solids from crude terephthalic acid (CTA) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA) processes. By using terephthalic acid filters, Mott helps reduce caustic acid consumption, minimize organic loads in wastewater treatment, and recover valuable solids, enhancing both product purity and environmental sustainability. Whether you’re new to the concept or exploring ways to optimize your terephthalic acid production, understanding these filters is key to achieving superior results.
FAQs: Terephthalic Acid Filters
Q: What are terephthalic acid filters?
A: Terephthalic acid filters are specialized filtration components used in the production of terephthalic acid (TPA). They are designed to separate impurities and solids from the crude terephthalic acid (CTA) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA) processes, ensuring the final product’s quality and purity.
Q: How do terephthalic acid filters work?
A: Terephthalic acid filters employ porous metal technology to effectively capture and remove impurities and solids from the terephthalic acid production process. These filters enhance the efficiency of the production process by reducing caustic acid consumption, minimizing organic loads in wastewater treatment, and recovering valuable solids.
Q: What are the benefits of using terephthalic acid filters?
A: Using terephthalic acid filters offers several benefits, including improved product quality, reduced environmental impact, and enhanced process efficiency. These filters help maintain the purity of terephthalic acid products, reduce chemical consumption, and contribute to sustainability efforts by minimizing organic waste in wastewater treatment.
Q: Where can I find terephthalic acid filters for my production process?
A: You can find terephthalic acid filters through reputable filtration solution providers like Mott. These companies offer comprehensive filtration solutions, including terephthalic acid filters, tailored to meet the specific needs of your terephthalic acid production process.
- Product Overview
- Literature & Data Sheets
- Product Specs
- Videos & Articles
- Design Capabilities
- Relevant Services
- Additional Info