Food Oil Intermediate Filters
Mott food and oil intermediate filters excel at removing catalyst, bleaching agents, solidified product, and other solid contaminants from a variety of alcohol, acid, or oil-based processes. Whether its palladium-on-carbon catalyst from a hydrogenated oil stream or bleaching agents from edible oil or detergent precursors, the Mott LSI filter is ideal for automated, closed-loop operation with clean-in-place backwashing. Generally done without the need for additional filter aids, the Mott LSI can filter streams with catalyst less than 1 micron in size and with solids loading up to 5+ wt.%. The backwash system can be designed to discharge between an approximate 15 wt.% slurry to an approximate 50 wt.% wet cake.
Literature & Data Sheets
- Hydrogenated Oil Catalyst Removal
- Detergent Bleaching Agent Removal
- Edible Oil Bleaching Agent Removal
- Edible Oil Activated Carbon Removal
A comprehensive overview of Mott's offerings for process filtration applications.
Our systems are designed using a graded design approach. This approach includes filter feasibility testing, pilot testing, engineering design, filter system fabrication, and operational support.
Porous metal media is made to last a lifetime. This cleaning guide provides proper care and cleaning instructions to ensure longevity and reliability.
Catalyst Recovery Filtration Application Brief Installation Examples. LSI, LSM, LSX Filters
Filter feasibility testing and application analysis for liquid and gas filtration processes.
Standard Diameters – 4” to 72” diameter vessels are standard to accommodate a wide range of flow rates.
Custom vessels are available upon request, consult factory
Media grade elements down to 0.2 um are available to capture even the smallest particles in your process for a pure end product.
Standard filter element alloys – 316L SS, 310 SS, Hastelloy C-276, Hastelloy X, Monel 400, Nickel 200, Inconel 600
Standard vessel alloys – 316L SS, Hastelloy
Other alloys are available, consult factory
Alloys with temperature resistance up to 1700 degrees Fahrenheit are available.
Custom alloys available to accommodate unique operating temperatures, consult factory
Mott LSI filters for catalyst processes are designed for clean-in-place performance, meaning filter elements can discharge cake build-up without having to open the filter for maintenance. Once a terminal pressure drop has been reached, the cleaning cycle automatically initiates to discharge cake build-up through gas assisted pulse or through a backwash cycle.
Particles will embed in the filter media over time, requiring the elements to be cleaned by a third-party company. Various cleaning techniques can be used to prolong life of the elements. For a recommendation of a cleaning company, please contact a Mott representative. It is recommended you have a spare set of filter elements to continue operations while elements are being cleaned.
Videos & Articles
The Mott Filter Design Process
- Filter Feasibility Testing – In our Customer Innovation Center, we will replicate, or very closely correlate, your process conditions to determine the appropriate media grade and material for your application. We will provide you with a comprehensive, in-depth analysis to prove the feasibility of using porous metal in your process and furnish you with a comprehensive ROI justification.
- Pilot Testing – As an option, we can install a pilot unit in your facility enabling you to witness, first-hand, how our filters will perform in your process stream and under your actual operating temperatures and pressure conditions.
- Front-End Engineering Design – Our Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) process provides you with a complete process engineering package, including vessel drawings, a preliminary equipment layout drawing, piping and instrumentation diagram, process flow diagram, valve and instrument list, and a detailed process functional description.
- Fabrication – When it comes to fabricating your system, we can handle as much or as little as you need – from fabricating only the filter vessel, to providing a complete turnkey skid system.
- Operational Support – When your filtration system is complete, our professionals can provide equipment commissioning and startup services, training, ongoing technical support and quality assurance testing for the life of your system.
Depending on your needs, Mott can provide just the filter elements, a vessel and elements, or provide you a full turnkey system with the vessel, frame, piping, instruments, and controls
Filter Feasibility Testing – Want a recommendation on the correct filter media, alloy, and backwash frequency for your process? Coordinate with a Mott representative to send a sample of your feed stock to our lab to determine the correct filtration design for your process.
Preventative Maintenance Cycles – Consult with a Mott representative about utilizing a pre-determined lab testing and cleaning schedule to avoid costly downtime.
Engineering Support – Utilize our expert project engineers to design the right filter elements to maximize flow and particle capture.
Destructive Element Analysis – Send us one of your elements for various analyses to determine the remaining lifetime and filtration efficiency of your filters.
- Product Overview
- Literature & Data Sheets
- Product Specs
- Videos & Articles
- Design Capabilities
- Relevant Services