FCC/RFCC Slurry Filters
Mott Corporation FCC/RFCC Slurry Filters excel at removing Alumina-Silica and other solids contaminants from main column bottom slurry feeds. With online clean in place automated backwashing, Our slurry oil filters achieve filtrate quality below 100 ppm total suspended solids. This ensures the filtered oil can be used for blending or sold as valuable product into other applications. Backwashed slurry can be recycled back to the riser, decanted and concentrated, or sent directly to disposal or reprocessing. Mott’s install base includes 20+ filters on 5 continents in both FCC and RFCC applications.
Literature & Data Sheets
HyPulse LSI filters in FCC/RFCC services can upgrade slurry oil and eliminate storage and tank cleaning.
Overview of filtration systems for liquid and gas applications.
Our systems are designed via a graded design approach. This approach includes filter feasibility testing, pilot testing, engineering design, filter system fabrication, and operational support.
Porous metal media is made to last a lifetime. This cleaning guide provides proper care and cleaning instructions to ensure longevity and reliability.
Filter feasibility testing helps to identify optimal operating conditions and filter design for your unique application.
Standard Diameters – 24” to 66” diameter vessels are standard to accommodate a large range of flow rates and production volumes, ranging from 1,000 barrels per day to 20,000 barrels per day
|Solid Weight %||
Weight percentages between 0.1-1% are standard, but designs can be modified to accommodate unique feed streams
Standard filter element alloys – 316L SS
Standard vessel alloys – 316L SS
Other alloys are available, consult factory
Up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit
Custom alloys available to accommodate unique operating temperatures, consult factory
LSI filters for FCC/RFCC are designed for clean-in-place performance. This means filter elements can discharge cake build-up without having to open the filter for maintenance. Once terminal pressure drop has been reached, the cleaning cycle automatically initiates. This discharges cake build-up through gas assisted pulse or through a backwash cycle.
Particles will embed in the filter media over time requiring the elements to be cleaned by a third-party company. Various cleaning techniques can be used to prolong life of the elements. For a recommendation of a cleaning company, please contact a Mott representative. It is recommended you keep a spare set of filter elements to continue operations while elements are being cleaned.
Videos & Articles
The Mott Filter Design Process
- Filter Feasibility Testing – In our Customer Innovation Center, we will replicate or correlate your process conditions to determine the appropriate media grade and material for your application. We will provide you with a comprehensive, in-depth analysis to prove the feasibility of using porous metal in your process and an ROI justification.
- Pilot Testing – We can install a pilot unit in your facility. This allows you to witness first-hand how our filters will perform in your process stream and under your actual operating temperatures and pressure conditions.
- Front-End Engineering Design – Our Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) process provides you with a complete process engineering package. FEED packages include vessel drawings, a preliminary equipment layout drawing, piping and instrumentation diagram, process flow diagram, valve and instrument list, and a detailed process functional description.
- Fabrication – When it comes to fabricating your system, we can handle as much or as little as you need – from fabricating only the filter vessel, to providing a complete turnkey skid system.
- Operational Support – When your filtration system is complete, our professionals can provide equipment commissioning and startup services, training, ongoing technical support and quality assurance testing for the life of your system.
Filter Feasibility Testing – Want a recommendation on the correct filter media, alloy, and backwash frequency for your process? Coordinate with a Mott representative to send us a sample of your feed stock to our lab to determine the correct filtration design for your process.
Preventative Maintenance Cycles – Consult with a Mott representative about utilizing a pre-determined lab testing and cleaning schedule to avoid costly downtime for your process
Engineering Support – Utilize our expert project engineers to consult your process and design the right filter elements to maximize flow and particle capture.
Destructive Element Analysis – Send us one of your elements for various analyses to determine the remaining lifetime and filtration efficiency of your filters.
- Product Overview
- Literature & Data Sheets
- Product Specs
- Videos & Articles
- Design Capabilities
- Relevant Services