Hot Gas and Gasification Filters
Mott offers three types of hot gas and gasification filters to remove solids from gas.
GSP (Gas Solids Plenum) process filters offer traditional outside-in filtration of process gases and steam, for applications where cost-effectiveness and ease of use are high priorities. Upon reaching a given differential pressure or cycle time, the feed is discontinued and the backflow cycle is engaged. HyPulse® GSV (Gas Solids Venturi) process filters use inside-out filtration technology and are ideal for continuous filtration. Porous elements are pulsed in sections and cleaned while the unit remains on-line. Lastly, the GS (Trap Filter) process filter is a simple trap filter design for low solids loading and high flux rates.
Literature & Data Sheets
Mott’s Hot Gas & Gasification Filters are ideal choices for high temperature gas filtration. Our industrial gas filtration systems have been commonly used for:
HyPulse GSV process filters for biomass plants. High temperature process gas filtration, blowback cycle, continuous operation, elements and vessel.
Overview of Mott's Gas Solids Venturi design for hot gas & gasification filters
A comprehensive overview of Mott's offerings for process filtration applications.
Our systems are designed using a graded design approach. This approach includes filter feasibility testing, pilot testing, engineering design, filter system fabrication, and operational support.
Porous metal media is made to last a lifetime. This cleaning guide provides proper care and cleaning instructions to ensure longevity and reliability.
Filter feasibility testing and application analysis for liquid and gas filtration processes.
Common Diameters – 4” to 120” diameter vessels are common to accommodate a wide range of flow rates.
Custom vessels are available upon request, consult factory
Porous metal elements with media grades down to 0.2 um are available to capture even the smallest particles in your process for a purer end product.
Common filter element alloys – 316L SS, 310 SS, Hastelloy C-276, Hastelloy X, Monel 400, Nickel 200, Inconel 600
Common vessel alloys – 316L SS
Other alloys are available, consult factory
Alloys with temperature resistance up to 1700 degrees Fahrenheit are available.
Custom alloys available to accommodate unique operating temperatures, consult factory
Mott GSV filters are designed for clean-in-place performance, meaning filter elements can discharge cake build-up without having to open the filter for maintenance. Once cake builds on the surface of the media, the Mott GSV uses a gas-assisted pulse to clean the filter in sections without having to take it offline.
Particles will embed in the filter media over time, requiring the elements to be cleaned by a third-party company. Various cleaning techniques can be used to prolong life of the elements. For a recommendation of a cleaning company, please contact a Mott representative. It is recommended you have a spare set of filter elements to continue operations while elements are being cleaned.
Videos & Articles
The Mott Filter Design Process
- Filter Feasibility Testing – In our Customer Innovation Center, we will replicate, or very closely correlate, your process conditions to determine the appropriate media grade and material for your application. We will provide you with a comprehensive, in-depth analysis to prove the feasibility of using porous metal in your process and furnish you with a comprehensive ROI justification.
- Pilot Testing – As an option, we can install a pilot unit in your facility enabling you to witness, first-hand, how our filters will perform in your process stream and under your actual operating temperatures and pressure conditions.
- Front-End Engineering Design – Our Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) process provides you with a complete process engineering package, including vessel drawings, a preliminary equipment layout drawing, piping and instrumentation diagram, process flow diagram, valve and instrument list, and a detailed process functional description.
- Fabrication – When it comes to fabricating your system, we can handle as much or as little as you need – from fabricating only the filter vessel, to providing a complete turnkey skid system.
- Operational Support – When your filtration system is complete, our professionals can provide equipment commissioning and startup services, training, ongoing technical support and quality assurance testing for the life of your system.
Depending on your needs, Mott can provide just the filter elements, a vessel and elements, or provide you a full turnkey system with the vessel, frame, piping, instruments, and controls
Filter Feasibility Testing – Want a recommendation on the correct filter media, alloy, and backwash frequency for your process? Coordinate with a Mott representative to send a sample of your feed stock to our lab to determine the correct filtration design for your process.
Preventative Maintenance Cycles – Consult with a Mott representative about utilizing a pre-determined lab testing and cleaning schedule to avoid costly downtime.
Engineering Support – Utilize our expert project engineers to design the right filter elements to maximize flow and particle capture.
Destructive Element Analysis – Send us one of your elements for various analyses to determine the remaining lifetime and filtration efficiency of your filters.
- Product Overview
- Literature & Data Sheets
- Product Specs
- Videos & Articles
- Design Capabilities
- Relevant Services